Tuesday, 10 January 2012
Fruitful Not Busy
I have to catch myself daily to make sure that I am not too busy to enjoy each day. I remember listening to a podcast from Joyce Meyer about busy-ness. Instead of saying we had a busy day, we should be saying, "I had a fruitful day." How is what we do contributing to the kingdom of God? Seek Him first before all things and your steps will be ordered. I challenge you to keep in mind each day to be fruitful.
What are some ideas to be fruitful?
1. Do something random out of sincere kindness for others.
2. Call a friend or relative who you have not spoken with in a while.
3. Tell your husband or parent you love them..just because you do.
4. Smile...simply that-smile.
5. Take a few deep breaths and pray. Different times of the day, stop and pray.
6. Remind yourself at the end of the day all the things you have to be thankful for.
7. Speak the word in truth and love.
These are just a few ideas, feel free to comment and add your own. What are you going to do today to be fruitful? Remember next time someone asks you how your day was and you respond with busy...are you able to say it was fruitful?