Pages

Thursday 20 December 2012

Day Twenty Christmas Scripture


Christmas is a time for Peace.  Peace within and Peace around you.  What do you do to find peace? 

Come to the Lord with your prayers and petitions and He will give you peace.  A time of year when there is supposed to be such great joy and peace, has turned into a stressful, chaotic time that we 'wish' away.  We worry about our finances, who is going to bring what for dinner, who is coming for dinner, what to buy your parent's and making sure the house is clean.  Add to that the regular 'stresses' of every day life and you have a whole ball of worry and anxiety.  Come before the Lord, talk to Him, give your worries and anxieties over to the Lord and let Him do the work.  Remember the true joy of Christmas.

Matthew 11:25-30

At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.  Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment