Pages

Monday 10 December 2012

Day Eleven Christmas Scripture

On our 25 days of Christmas scripture adventure, we are half way there and it's been an exciting journey.  Have you been enjoying your readings?  What time of day is your favorite time to get in the word?  Mine is in the morning.  I do my prayer time before I even get out of bed.  Once my feet hit the floor, the devil better watch out because I'm on a mission. 

Day 11 of our Christmas scriptures is celebrating Christmas to reconnect with people.  I find it a tough time to balance keeping in touch with friends and family if they do not have email or check it regularly.  I enjoy email for those times when you just want to say hi, send a word of encouragement or check in on someone with a scripture.  But it is also nice to hear someone's voice on the other end of the phone and actually have a conversation. 

I have also noticed a big decline in sending Christmas cards.  What a fundamental tradition of Christmas by sending a card to bring cheer and blessings for the year to come.  I am happy to say this year was a celebratory year for sending cards with over 140 cards sent to friends, family members and clients.  Even if it makes one person smile or reconnects with someone that I do not have the fortune of speaking with regularly throughout the year, then my mission has been accomplished.  I encourage you this Christmas to reconnect; you won't be disappointed!  God bless!

John 15:1-11
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.   You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.  Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.   If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.   If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.   If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.   I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment