Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Happy Family Day!

No matter where you live, we do not need an official holiday named as Family Day to be able to celebrate our family.  That being said, it's a great time to appreciate a day off from the hustle and bustle to soak in more family time.  I often feel that we get so caught up in life that we forget sometimes how simple life really can be and should be.  Love comes naturally when we love the Lord with all our heart, our soul and mind.  He is such an awesome God!
Yesterday was a day to step away from the computer, the cell phones, the internet, the social media mania and enjoy the ones around us.  My husband and I took the time to do a few important jobs around the house and then spent time chatting on the family couch with the two dogs.  We do not have kids...yet... but our two dogs are our family right now and they do an amazing job of filling our lives richly. 
The day rounded out with family around the table for a delicious dinner.  Roast chicken, roasted root vegetables, potatoes, salad and finished off with a rustic blueberry crisp.  Laughs, stories, and love.  Enjoy every moment with your family.  God bless!

1 comment:

  1. I say Amen to this! We never know how long we'll be able to enjoy our dear families - I lost my dad when I was 9 so I know how quickly life can change!

    ReplyDelete